Purpose of the role:
The Database Services Team is responsible for the highest standards of database management, monitoring and proactive support across Arkphire contracted customers in Ireland and the UK.
The purpose of the DBA Team Lead role is to effectively Manage the Database Team while Supporting Client Databases and Providing First Class Database Solutions for all DBA Clients.
Role and responsibilities :
- Responsible for end-to-end Management of databases from development to mission-critical production systems
- Design, install, configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Install, configure and manage Oracle Standby Database (Manual Standby, DataGuard)
- Install, configure and manage MSSQL Replication Solutions (Always On, Mirroring, Log Shipping, SQL Data Replication)
- Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Analyse Database Environments according to Best Practices and Provide Recommendations
- Analyse Instance Level and SQL Level Performance and Provide Recommendations
- Provide Assistance for other members of the team as required
- Maintain Continuous Improvement Measures to review Processes, Documentation and Monitoring
- Maintain Team Engagement and Consistent Performance
- Coordinate team resources to effectively manage Projects, Incidents and Problems
- Implement Client On-boarding Process as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Have a proven track record in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and clients
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Be able to follow company procedures and methods
- Available to work out of hours/weekends if necessary
Education and experience:
- 7+ years MSSQL Database Administration experience required
- Experience on Oracle Administration required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Experience with Database Design, Installation, Upgrades and Migrations for Oracle and SQL Server
- Experience with High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) Solutions for both technologies
- Oracle or MSSQL CertificationBasic Knowledge of Windows, Linux and Unix Operating Systems required.
- Knowledge with MySQL is an advantage
- Basic Knowledge on ETL scripting is an advantage
- Previous Team Leader Experience is an advantage
- Dublin Office – Park West, Dublin 12.
- Occasional client site visits
- Some remote working available