Function of Role
Arkphire are actively recruiting for an experienced & motivated Level 2 Digital Work Space Support Engineer with Citrix Qualifications to maintain and manage customers virtual infrastructure by troubleshooting issues, resolving incidents and completing service and change requests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to Arkphire Services customers for technical incidents and escalations.
- Record all activities and actions in Arkphire Services systems related to work undertaken, for record purposes.
- Respond to incident and request escalations and provide technical assistance to field engineers when necessary.
- Diagnose complex technical issues and involve appropriate resources to speed problem resolution e.g. 3rd party vendors.
- Provide follow-up status to customers in accordance with specific customer SLA’s.
- Engage with customers to understand and chart their business and technical requirements.
- Design & implement Citrix builds to deliver and maintain the stated requirements of the customer.
- Perform a Citrix system builds, including applications, profiles, printing, client roll-out, server imaging, documentation and handover to operational support.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Provide technical and procedural guidance to team members.
- Facilitate change management in line with customer policy and Arkphire Services policy
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; or equivalent experience
- 2 - 5 year’s support experience in infrastructure technology solutions
- Demonstrated experience of supporting virtualisation solutions across several platforms at 2nd/3rd level
- 2+ years Citrix experience
- 3 years Microsoft Server OS experience
- 1+ years VMware experience
- Ability to communicate & liaise with customers
- Demonstrate a high level of documentation skills
- Remote Monitoring & Management
- Tools and platforms used by MSP’s is necessary
- Previous developer experience (HTML/JSP/Powershell)
- Previous knowledge of helpdesk policies and procedures
- Skills and Abilities :
- Good Documentation and communications skills
- Excellent knowledge of Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 & Citrix XenDesktop 7.15 * troubleshooting
- Good Citrix NetScaler Administration
- Excellent Appsense Administration
- Excellent App-V Administration
- Excellent Wyse thin client administration
- Excellent knowledge of Controlup Monitoring
- Excellent with other areas of desktop technologies e.g. Virtual Desktop, device imaging, software packaging, application layering*
- Ability to think on their feet
- High level of professionalism
- High levels of integrity and trust
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving