Purpose of the role:
This is a level 2/3 technical role within Managed Services division. The successful candidate will be working as part of the team responsible for technical support and IT services of multi-customer environments.
Day to day responsibilities include responding to reactive support tickets for customer IT infrastructure (i.e. virtual & physical compute, server OS, storage, networking, data protection etc.), implementing technical solutions in adherence to established change control processes, developing and upkeeping existing processes & procedures library.
The role will have frequent interactions with Sales, Business Support, and clients.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Providing support to a broad range of clients and a broad range of technologies.
- Accepting escalations from junior engineers.
- Acting as a mentor to lower level engineers .
- Working with the team and management to develop processes and solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring that they comply with all ISMS Policies and Procedures within Trilogy and support the ISMS continuous improvement process. Level 3 & 4 Engineers should act as a role models within the organisation with regard to the ISMS system.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff at client sites.
- Quickly build rapport and gain client confidence.
- Work individually and as a team.
- Be able to follow company procedures and methods.
- Available to work out of hours / weekends if necessary.
- Be a logical thinker.
- Have a proven track record in trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Be able to utilise all tools available to resolve 95% of issues at the first time of asking.
- Ability to quickly learn new products.
Education and Experience:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
- VMWare ESXi, HyperV (Citrix Xen an advantage)
- Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013
- Terminal Services / SSL VPN
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- Some SQL Server 2000 / 2005 Experience Helpful
- Firewall/Routers. (Cisco / Sonicwall)
- WAN configurations – Site to Site VPNs Routing / NAT configurations
- Strong IP skills (Good understanding of TCP /IP and ISO Model)
- Good understanding of Server and Storage hardware (i.e. RAID sets on servers, SANS, tape drives).
- MCITP / VCP Preferable but not necessary
- Citrix and Virtualisation (VMWare or MS HyperV) would be an advantage.