Purpose of the role:
We require a keen, experienced Managed Services Network and Security engineer to provide network and security support for a key managed services client. This role is part of our managed services onsite Team. You will need to have a broad technical background across IT including excellent and network and security knowledge, good customer facing skills good communication skills, an eagerness to learn and previous experience in a similar role. This role will have dedicated onsite requirements for 2 days a week on a customer site located in Dublin 9.
Role and responsibilities:
- Operational Network and Security Support
- Providing 2nd Level Support and incident management to a key managed services client on network and security focused technologies from the Managed Services Portfolio in line with SLA
- Accepting escalations from Level 1 engineers on all types of Security and Network incidents
- Working with the team and management to develop processes and solutions around security incident response.
- Responsible for complying with all ISMS Policies and Procedures within Arkphire and support the ISMS continuous improvement process.
- Dealing with service requests in relation to Network and security solutions and services from the managed services customer
- Network Administration
- Administration of the networking environment and WiFi solution.
- Installation, update and administration of the network monitoring software. Diagnose and resolve any connectivity issues between the client applications and the servers.
- Proactive monitoring of the network estate and firewall environment including system performance, reliability and capacity planning.
- Carry out testing of upgrades or fixes to the network before deploying to the live environment.
- Periodic backup of network device configurations or after any changes.
- Security monitoring
- Maintenance and monitoring of the Centralised SIEM including management of Security incidents, onboarding of new clients and log sources
- Vulnerability Management
- Maintenance and monitoring of the Centralised Vulnerability management solution for the Managed Services Team including rollout of new agents and appliances, scans and assisting with reporting and remediation programs
- Central Maintenance and monitoring of managed services EDR estate including monitoring, incident management, configuration reviews, rollout and onboarding of new clients and reporting.
- Managed Firewall
- Central Maintenance and monitoring of managed services firewall estate including incident management, patching, Healthchecks and rule base reviews
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff at client sites.
- Quickly build rapport and gain client confidence.
- Work individually and as a part of a team.
- Be able to follow company procedures and methods.
- Available to work out of hours / weekends if necessary.
- Logical thinker.
- Have a proven track record in trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Ability to quickly learn new products.
Education and experience:
- Operational Network – Good broad knowledge of Operational networks particularly around cisco. The suitable candidate will have at least 2 years' experience as a network engineer Minimum of Cisco CCNP Certified (or equivalent)Network
- Experience of managing Cisco Core Data Centre networks.
- Good knowledge of Wide Area networks and support
- Experience of managing Wi-Fi solutions such as Fortinet and meraki
- Remote access solutions – experience on working with vendors like cisco duo and FortiGate
- Operational Security – Good broad knowledge of Operational Security particularly around:
- Microsoft OS - experience working on Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 systems
- Active Directory - experience on managing AD services and features
- Remote access solutions – experience on working with vendors like cisco duo
- Security Monitoring and Support
- Familiarity with cyber security laws, GDPR and applicable regulations/mandates
- IT Risk or Information Security Certification or similar preferred – e.g. CEH, CCSP, CCSK, CISSP, GCCC
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft SIEM solutions such as Sentinel
- Good working knowledge of EDR solutions such as Sophos Central
- Network and firewall security – strong experience managing and delivery solutions like VPN connections, IPS systems, web filtering, firewall policies and rules, reverse proxy systems, WAFs. Experience on vendors like Fortinet. Holding an active certification would be highly advantageous.