Purpose of the role:
This is a 2nd to 3rd level position with the role of discovering, documenting, and having a high-level understanding on how new client’s infrastructure is setup, including from core infrastructure, to business operations and applications. The role requires great communication skills to assess & communicate the discovery with technical and non-technical people alike, from regular users to 3rd party vendors.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Acting as the Technical Resource on Clients’ On-boarding.
- Acting as the Technical Resource on Clients’ Health Checks.
- Reviewing and creating documentation.
- In our CMDB.
- Infrastructure Visio Diagrams.
- Collecting Credentials in a secure manner.
- Going on-site to work on device inventory.
- Act as the bridge between Arkphire, Clients and 3rd Party Vendors.
- To give a technical presentation to technical and non-technical people.
Education & experience:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- Strong networking skills
- Cisco, HP, Juniper and Fortinet
- Strong Hypervisor skills
- VMware and Hyper-V
- Strong SAN skills
- NetApp and Dell
- Diagramming, formatting, preparation of graphics and tables
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff at client sites.
- Quickly build rapport and gain client confidence.
- Work individually and as part of a team.
- Be able to follow company procedures and methods.
- Available to work out of hours / weekends if necessary.
- Be a logical thinker.
- Have a proven track record in trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Be able to utilise all tools available to resolve 95% of issues at the first time of asking.
- Ability to quickly learn new products.