We are hiring a Principal Architect to work with top-tier customers and promote Cloud Adoption. As a Principal Architect, you will partner with customers, Arkphire Sales and several other Arkphire teams to create solutions that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of Cloud services. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable at the intersection of technology and business. The Principal Architect is a technical role - you must be broadly competent across many areas of technology (infrastructure, security, DevOps, databases, application development, analytics) and deep in at least 1 of those areas. On the business side, the ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical. The Principal Architect will spend a large portion of their time interacting with several customer stakeholders, including developers, team leads, engineering directors, and CxOs. In this role we expect our Principal Architect to be customer obsessed and be able to establish themselves as a Trusted Advisor to our customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of Cloud and Cloud Native Strategies
- As a key member of the sales cycle, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on Cloud platforms
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Cloud, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already operating in Cloud
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solutions architect community
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals and key stakeholders within customer organizations to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
Experience and Skills:
- AWS Services and Solutions, other cloud providers are a plus
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Experience architecting/operating Cloud solutions in complex enterprise environments
- Experience in presales and working with large and complex customer environment
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Demonstrated thought leadership through publications and public speaking
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
We are looking for a candidate that is the right fit to make this a rewarding and successful experience. Below are some of the attributes we’ve seen as meaningful to succeed in this role:
You are a leader with vision – You are a hands-on and have delivered projects with varying complexities and environments. You are known for your attention to detail without losing the big picture. You are respected by your peers, customers, and industry.
You are a great listener – Our goal is to deliver solutions that last for years and continuously adapt to the changing needs of the industry. You are in tune to your customers, peers, industry trends and are receptive to what the market needs.
You are a collaborator – You enjoy working with multi-cultural teams, both domestic and international and find ways to get the best out of your people. You also work well with a variety of roles including core development, design, operations, and support.
You believe in continuous learning – Things change in our industry continuously, and you always love to learn both the underlying technology and the business motivations of our customers, constantly finding new ways to improve our solutions, processes to make valuable contributions for our customers.
You are ready to contribute to rapid growth within a dynamic, small company culture!
Arkphire is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees