Arkphire Security Ltd Group is seeking a Tier 1 SOC Analyst who is keen to build a career in security IT services, based in our Security Operations Centre in our Dublin headquarters. The successful candidate will be joining a team of highly skilled and passionate IT security professionals and working to support leading organisations with cutting edge, interesting and varied technical set ups.
This role is part of our 24x7 support team and will require out of hours work. The candidate will be compensated additionally for these hours.
Role and responsibilities :
- Day to day network monitoring and network security tasks.
- Interact with clients, security analysts, specialists, engineers and managers.
- Monitoring client’s IT infrastructure within contracted service levels.
- Monitor events, create incidents tickets, talk with clients, explain the issue and escalate where applicable.
- Use tools to support incident investigations, harvesting and analysis.
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, defining and monitoring the access.
- Processing of performance and availability alerts, events, and notifications (eg via email, ticketing, virus warning, intelligence feeds).
- Notification of internal and/or external teams according to agreed alert priority levels, and escalation trees.
- Monitor, identify and classify availability and performance events.
- Prioritise incidents based on risks and relevant impact, working with the appropriate teams to ensure related communications are in line with company best practice and expectations.
- Operate and improve Zinopy incident response processes.
- Provide triage, data acquisition and advice on all incidents to rapidly diagnose problems and identify immediate treatment.
- Ability to follow established and/or ad-hoc processes and work instructions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated and proactively drives own standards, development and business goals.
- Flexible with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Education and experience:
- Third level degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
Skills in the following areas would be an advantage, but opportunity will be provided to develop further qualifications in:
- Scripting – Python, Ruby, Bash Linux/Unix experience, ability to write Macros
- Networking certifications (eg CCNA – Security, CCNP)
- Security specialist certifications (eg CompTIA Security+, GSEC, CEH, GCIH)
- Operating System certifications (eg MCSE, RHCE, HPUX CSE)