Purpose of the role:
We require a keen, experienced systems engineer to provide support on customers’ ICT infrastructure. This role is part of our dedicated Service Desk and Support team. You will need to have a broad technical background with good communication skills, an eagerness to learn and previous experience in a similar role.
Role and responsibilities :
- Providing 2nd / 3rd Level Support to a broad range of clients and a broad range of technologies.
- Accepting escalations from Level 1 engineers.
- Working with the team and management to develop processes and solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring that they comply with all ISMS Policies and Procedures within Arkphire and support the ISMS continuous improvement process.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff at client sites.
- Take ownership of technical problems, see them through to resolution
- Quickly build rapport and gain client confidence.
- Work individually and as a part of a team.
- Be able to follow company procedures and methods.
- Available to work out of hours / weekends if necessary.
- Logical thinker.
- Have a proven track record in trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Be able to utilise all tools available to resolve 95% of issues at the first time of asking.
- Ability to quickly learn new products.
- Good Communication skills.
Education and experience:
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a similar role
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 / 2016/ 2019
- Exchange Server 2010 / 2013
- Terminal Services / SSL VPN
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- Hypervisor – Vmware / Hyper-V
- Citrix XenDesktop / XenApp
- Firewall/Routers - Fortigate / Sonicwall / Sophos UTM
- WAN configurations – Site to Site VPNs Routing / NAT configurations
- Strong IP/Networking skills (Good understanding of TCP /IP and ISO Model, troubleshooting tools)
- Backup Solutions – Veeam + Rubrik
- Good understanding of Server and Storage hardware (i.e. RAID sets on servers, SAN, tape drives).
- MCSA – Windows Server / Office 365.
- VCP – VWware 6
- CCNA -Helpful
- SAN experience - Preferably Netapp.
- Azure Experience – Helpful.
- SQL Server 2008 / 2012 / 2014 Experience - Helpful