The Campion Insurance Group is one of Ireland’s largest insurance brokers with more than 160 staff and 11 offices around the country.
- Presidio's datacentre stores Campion’s backup and provides a different authentication domain, completely separate from the customer domain.
- Delivers a higher security level against ransomware attacks.
- The business will be running within 2 hours in the event of an outage.
- 5 second Recovery Point Objective (RPO). RPO is the maximum targeted period in which data might be lost from an IT service due to a major incident.
“The infrastructure refresh went smoothly and there was an immediate improvement in our IT performance. ”
John McCarthy, Chief Financial Officer
In 2016, after a tender process, Presidio became Campion’s IT Managed Services partner. In 2017, Campion started GDPR preparation - a large part of which is achieved with data backup and disaster recovery solutions.
Campion chose Presidio to implement these critical solutions together with an IT infrastructure refresh to ensure that staff and customers have access to the right resources, quickly and easily.
As a transactional business, giving quotes and plans to people quickly, it was essential that the company's IT platforms did not distract from day-to-day operations.
It was also vital that systems are GDPR compliant.
Campion’s IT infrastructure refresh improved workplace productivity and increased collaboration across teams.
Backup as a Service (BaaS) means that Campion’s data is backed up online to an off-site storage system. Presidio will restore this data should a problem occur such as corruption or accidental deletion.
Campion’s Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) goes beyond BaaS as it backs up applications. Campion chose key applications, data and database files to be recoverable in two hours. This means that should a cyber-attack occur, Campion’s data and critical infrastructure will be restored within 2 hours.
Presidio provides Campion with full pro-active monitoring and management of backup and disaster recovery infrastructure based on Presidio's edge/point portal. edge/point monitors local backups as well as the cloud infrastructure used to deliver the off-site backup.
Presidio’s DRaaS provides Campion with resilient data protection and services to enable speedy recovery and near zero data loss. This is proactively managed and tested by Presidio’s Managed Service team on a daily/quarterly and bi-annual basis.
“Knowing that our data is backed up, secure, GDPR-compliant and recoverable within 2 hours gives us great peace of mind. ”John McCarthy, Chief Financial Officer
The Presidio difference
- Highest security level against ransomware attacks
- Guaranteed restore of data and critical infrastructure in 2 hours in the event of a cyber-attack
- Full pro-active monitoring, back up management and disaster recovery based on Presidio's edge/point portal
How we secured IT infrastructure with high level supportRead case study